Chodavaram Vinayaka Temple Images
Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Temple is located at Chodavaram which is 44 kilometres away from Visakhapatnam. Lord Vinayaka is said to have manifested himself in Chodavaram. During the reign of the Chalukya Kings in 1200 AD, this temple was constructed. Villagers discovered the Idol 200 years ago, in 1850 AD, and attempted to move it to the nearby Shiva Temple, according to local legend. Because the trunk was so long, villagers were unable to unearth the entire Idol. They came to a halt in their search for the base after a strenuous effort. The villagers named the place Enugu Bodhe, which is now known as Patha Cheruvu, after the place where the last trails were made.
In 1200 AD, the Chalukya dynasty erected this temple. In 1956 AD, the temple was restored. Lord Vinayaka is thought to be Swayambhu in this temple, which is the second in AP. Worshiping the deity leads to good work results. Obstacles will be removed, and good fortune will be given.
During Vinayaka Chaturthi, annual festivals will be celebrated in grand style. Within the temple complex, there is also the Santoshi Matha temple
Darshan Timings at Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Temple
Open Hours in the morning: 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Open Hours in the evening: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
During the festival, temples close at 9:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Poojas at Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Temple
- Palabhishekam and Panchamrutha Abhishekam – 6:00 am – 8:00 am – Wed, Fri.
- Lakshmi Ganapathi Homam – 8:00 am – Suddha Chavithi, Bahula Chavithi.
- Anna Samaradhana – First Sunday in the month and on important festival dates.
- Saswatha Pooja for Archana – Once in a year for a lifetime – Rs.1116 – Early Hours – Vinayaka Chavithi Day.
- Monthly Archan Pooja. Pooja for one complete month – Rs.150 – Early Hours – For the whole month as requested by the devotee
What is the best way to get to Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Temple
- The closest airport is in Visakhapatnam, 45 kilometres away.
- The nearest railway station is in Anakapalle, 20 kilometres away.
- Chodavaram is easily accessible by bus from Anakapalle in Visakhapatnam.
Location Map for Chodavaram Temple
Sri Swayambhu Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Swamy Temple
Sri Swayambhu Karya Siddhi Vinayaka Swamy. Hindu temple in Chodavaram, Visakhapatnam district, Andhra Pradesh
Submit your review
As per the history, our ancestors says there are only two temples that evolved naturally (SWAYAMBHU) in ANDHRA PRADESH , they are KANIPAKAM in Chitoor Distric and VINAYAKA TEMPLE in chodavaram, Visakhapatnam District.