Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Photos
The idol of Somalingeswara Swamy was installed by Kapila Maha Muni, hence the name Kapilakonda. Previously, fishermen lived in those areas, and they called it Apilakonda, which evolved into Appikonda. In the Visakhapatnam District, Appikonda Temple is a revered temple. The presiding deity is Lord Shiva. A life-size image of the colossal Nandi carved out of a single black stone is a major tourist attraction at the temple.The village was granted by the Chodas’ commander-in-chief, according to inscriptions in the temple dating from the 12th century AD.
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple is situated in the coastal village of Appikonda in the Andhra Pradesh district of Vishakapatnam. Appikonda has an ancient temple. Appikonda is a village near the Vizag Steel Plant.
Appikonda was also one of the first major Brahmin settlements, with large tracts of land allotted to Brahmins, most of whom were Advaitis (followers of Shankaracharya), and it has remained a Brahmin stronghold for more than 800 years. Appikonda was a Mokhasa that had been traditionally owned by a Brahmin family until 1952, when they lost their rights to it.
Festivals performed at Somalingeswara Swamy Temple,Appikonda:
- Maha Shivaratri
- Karthika Pournami
- Vinayaka Chavithi
Entry Fees and Timings of Visakhapatnam’s Appikonda Beach, Vizag
The temple is open to the public from 07:00 Am to 01:30 PM and 04:30 PM to 07:30 PM. It costs nothing to the devotees to visit the temple.
Prices for Rituals, Darshanams and Special Sevas
Nearby Temples to Sri Someswara Swamy Temple in Appikonda
- Simhachalam Narasimha Swamy Temple at a distance of 33 km
- Vizag Kanaka Mahalakshmi Temple at a distance of 36km
- Bobbili Venugopala Swamy Temple at a distance of 147 km
- Ramatheertham Sri Rama temple at a distance of 100 km
- Vizianagaram Paidatalli Ammavari Temple at a distance of 86 km
- Arasavelli Surya Narayana Swamy Temple at a distance of 138 km
- Annavaram Satyanarayana Swamy Temple at a distance of 119 km
- Pithapuram Kukkuteswara Swamy Temple at a distance of 147 km
Nearby Bus Complexes:
- At a distance of 15 km, Kurmannapaelm bus station is located.
- Madhurwada bus station is at a distance of 51 km.
Nearby Railway Stations:
- Duvvada Railway Station at 18 km
- Marripalem Railway Station at 29 km
Location Map For Sri Someswara Swamy Temple
#tourist places in vizag #most popular beaches in vizag #best hill stations in vizag #best waterfalls in vizag #temples to visit in visakhapatnam #parks in visakhapatnam #historical places in visakhapatnam #places to visit in vizag
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Appikonda Visakhapatnam. This is an ancient temple and is built-in 12th Century also known as Kapilakonda.
- Sri Someswara Swamy Temple7
Submit your review
One of the Religious holy place of Lord Shiva temple ( Someswara Swamy temple) from 12th century A.D