Sri Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple Images
The Sri Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple is located in Vishakapatnam’s Matsyagundam area. Lord Shiva is honoured in this temple.
History of Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple
Matsyagundam is a rocky bluff near the Sileru river. This is a well-known location located 13 kilometres from Paderu and 47 kilometres from Araku. Polipalle, Thulabharangi, and Maraka Chinta villagers surround him.
The Sri Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple is in the Matsyagundam neighbourhood. Lord Shiva is honoured at this temple. In the village Matham, Matsyagundam is known for its centuries-old Sri Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple. Mango and Jackfruit trees line the temple grounds.
According to legend, a battle took place between Shake (Singarajas) and Fishes / Matsyas (Matsarajas). The mother fish brought all the fishes here for safety from the snakes from a place called “Gemmili,” and the fishes have lived here ever since, giving it the name Matsyagundam. It is thought that Lord Matsya Lingeswara Swamy continues to care for these fishes. The villagers don’t eat fish, and they don’t go fishing.
People gather once a year to perform Pujas and cultural programmes locally known as Jatara during Maha Shivaratri, which lasts three days.
Festivals performed at Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple
- Karthika Masam
Rituals, Darshanams and Special Sevas at Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple:
Nearby Temples At Matsya Lingeswara Swamy Temple
- Simhachalam Narasimha Swamy Temple
- Anakapalli Nookambika Ammavari Temple
- Kanaka Mahalakshmi Ammavari Temple,Vizag
- Ramatheertham Sri Rama Temple
- Pydithalli Ammavari Temple,Vizianagaram
- Arasavelli Surya Narayana Swamy Temple
- Satyanarayana Swamy Temple, Annavaram
- Sri Modakondamma Temple, Paderu
Timings of the Temple
The temple is open to its devotees from 07:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
Nearby Bus Complex
- At a distance of 47 km from the temple,Araku bus complex is situated.
- Anakapalli bus complex is located at a distance of 85 km from the temple.
Nearby Railway Stations
- Araku Railway station at a distance of 45km.
- Anakapalli Railway station at a distance of 85km.